Friday, May 11, 2012

What dig. camera brand is good at capturing images displayed by an overhead projector?


I was using Dell DLP DLP 1210 projector earlier. It gave me good service. Till I receive this Epson 8350, I was impressed with my Dell projector. The only drawback was it did not have HDMI input. Now I have received this Epson projector and it has erased image of Dell DLP from my mind. Out of the box, I was amazed to see the size of this projector. It really exceeds your imagination Rather too big to handle. The picture quality is very nice and is maintained top level even if you start increasing the Image size. Even at 120″ x 120″


Mustang SC-E106D169 106-Inch Electric Screen
I have this hooked up to an Onkyo receiver via HDMI and I have a PS3, XBOX360 and a custom built media center pc all hooked up in the remaining HDMI inputs on the Onkyo receiver. I am displaying a 120 inch screen of 1080p magnificence that my previous projector couldn’t even come close to. I know there are other projectors out there that have an even bigger wow effect and besides this projector not being 3D capable there is nothing else wrong or discomforting about this unit. If you are in the market for a great projector at a great price this is the one for youtrust me you will not be sorry you did.

This projector exceeded our expectations in every way. And when you read on, you’ll see that we had pretty high expectations already. The picture from this projector is stunning. This is the best value in home theater running. There are plenty of 5 star reviews already, and everyone else pretty much summed it up before me. But they are all true. Here’s why:

I purchased the Epson Model 6100 in September of 2009, which as far as I can tell, is the predessor to this projector. I installed it in December of that year as it took some time to purchase and install a new screen, AV system, DVD, and the projector itself. Now 2.5 years later, after performing like a champ, I noticed a red bar across the bottom and a blue bar across the top of the screen. Called tech support today and was told that the problem was an LCD panel, and since it was out of warranty I had to take it 100 miles one way to an authorized Epson service center in Rockville, MD..
Mustang SC-E106D169 106-Inch Electric Screen

I debated and debated on replacing my aging Infocus X1 for my home theater. After reading about this and finally understanding the capabilities of “lens shift”, and getting a couple of AVS forum reports, I decided to give this a try, knowing Amazon is great about purchase mistakes.

When I play action video games, I use the manual zoom to make the picture smaller so that our heads don’t block the projection. Neither the zoom nor the lens shift need to be readjusted. Really convenient.

I slapped in my son’s 720p Winnie the Pooh movie and about once every 10-30 seconds, the screen became snowy white with static for a few seconds, and then it went away. Sometimes it would go snowy, then black for a few seconds and then it would catch up. Every time this happened, my 2-year old son would turn to me and say “Fix Daddy.” Which was followed closely with a sigh from myself.

I’ve tried every setting I can find with the receiver (and with my Sony BDP-CX7000ES Blu Ray player) to send the image to the projector in a 4:3 ratio, but haven’t been able to do so.

If you are on the fence between a TV or a projector and you have the room for a projector and the screen then get the projector – you will be glad you did. For the same money, you can more than double your screen size and really create a new experience in your home

When I play action video games, I use the manual zoom to make the picture smaller so that our heads don’t block the projection. Neither the zoom nor the lens shift need to be readjusted. Really convenient.

I have this hooked up to an Onkyo receiver via HDMI and I have a PS3, XBOX360 and a custom built media center pc all hooked up in the remaining HDMI inputs on the Onkyo receiver. I am displaying a 120 inch screen of 1080p magnificence that my previous projector couldn’t even come close to. I know there are other projectors out there that have an even bigger wow effect and besides this projector not being 3D capable there is nothing else wrong or discomforting about this unit. If you are in the market for a great projector at a great price this is the one for youtrust me you will not be sorry you did.

We are projecting on a 120″ diagonal very reflective (but not the most reflective) pull-down screen. Our living room is bathed in evening sunlight. Prior to 30 minutes ago, we had to wait until sundown to watch movies. The MovieMate 72 couldn’t compete against the sun hitting the screen. But it looked great at night. At the magnification we used, you could see individual pixels but the picture was still pretty cool. Well, not anymore.

I cant spend more that $ 150. and I am taking a Bio class that is taught with slide shows containing the notes I need. I am disabled when it comes to multitasking. I can’t write and listen at the same time. I need a camera that will last me at least more than 2 years and has a good resolution and if I am investing that much for a camera I want it to have good features like flash (on/off), mute, very good at captivating far objects, good lighting for dark corridors or gloomy weather, and dependent on electricity and not on batteries. Thanks for your time in reading this info. and thanks in advance : )
Sorry I misused the word disabled. I just placed it as not being able to multitask. I already asked my professor and she said she was fine(to take pic. during class). I did not wanted to ask for her power point because I thought it would be too much. You are right however, I am going to ask tomorrow. Either way I had been thinking of buying a camera, that is why I added the rest of the details bc I don’t want it for school only.
Overhead Projector Light Show

Dansby Parker α
Before you go out and buy a camera for this purpose, why don’t you talk to the professor and see if he or she could make the slides available online for the students via blackboard or l drive or whatever your school uses. If you have a documented learning disability it would be required for them to accomodate you in this manner. I’m not sure your professor would want the distraction of a student constantly snapping photos in class.
keerok
Sony Cybershot.
Bay
Here is a list of all th best point and shoot cameras avaialbe now in under $ 150:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_36_5?bbn=330405011&qid=1329567065&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A!493964%2Cn%3A502394%2Cn%3A281052%2Cn%3A330405011&rnid=386442011&low-price=100&high-price=150&x=0&y=0&tag=faumioe-20

Among these i prefer the Panasonic DMC-FH25A 16.1MP Digital Camera with 8x Wide Angle Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD.:
Enable the recording of beautiful images with higher quality signal processing including the Intelligent Resolution technology
It includes numerous re-engineering enhancements, including a higher-speed actuator, optimized algorithms and parallel software processing.
Even slight hand-shake movement is accurately detected by a sampling frequency of 4,000 times per second and produces sharp, clear images

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-FH25A-16-1MP-Digital-Stabilized/dp/B004NBZAOI/ref=sr_1_8?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1329567081&sr=1-8&tag=faumioe-20

Maybe this review can convince you further:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R31NNHL9U77TK4/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004NBZ8DQ&nodeID=&linkCode=&tag=faumioe-20

Overhead Projector Light Show

No comments:

Post a Comment